- To provide accurate and complete information at all times.
- To report significant, unexpected changes to the proper entity, as soon as
they are known.
- To make it known whether or not a part of the Plan of Care is understood.
- To make it known whether they reject any part of the Plan of Care.
- To follow through with appointments as necessary, unless otherwise stated.
- To notify the Care Manager of an inability to keep an appointment.
- To be responsible for the risks that may result from the client not
following through with a course of action or part of the Plan of Care.8
- To ensure that their financial obligations to Eldercare Resource Services
are fulfilled as promptly as possible.